Thursday, December 15, 2011

Portfolio TAS

Target Audience Statement for the Final Portfolio Project

The purpose of this website is three-fold. One, I enjoy academic pursuits, especially involving research of cultural phenomena. Two, that I am not the best at producing media; and three, that I write well and put those skills to use in researching a wide array of topics. I want my audience to be impressed at my writings and my incessant desire to learn and select me as a candidate for hire in my dream job.

To that end, I direct my message to a college environment. Since I am fairly certain that I want to be a professor, my audience shall be college professors in the field of media studies. Narrowing that down even further, I will target department chairs of media studies programs across the US- these are the people who have hiring power. They should, also, have a desire to learn, but a much more specified set of research interests so that I have the potential to offer new ideas to their curriculum.

This portfolio emphasizes my research and my ability to present it; this combination is critical to survive as a professor. It also points out weakness in media production, which makes my writing look even stronger and validates my claims that I am a researcher, not a producer. Together, these things market me as a viable candidate for a position as a professor in a media studies program.

No comments:

Post a Comment